SIMSEA Regional Symposium 2016
The Sustainability Initiative in the Marginal Seas of South and East Asia (SIMISEA) will hold the Regional Symposium in Quezon City, Philippines, from 26 to 28 September 2016.
SIMSEA is a new program of the International Council for Science Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific and its partners. It promotes inclusive and transdisciplinary research on the sustainability of marginal seas of South and East Asia following the design of Future Earth.
The Symposium aims to contribute to “designing a holistic socio-ecological research program on the marginal seas for sustainability in Asia” and has the following objectives:
- To build on the advances of research on earth system science to support knowledge needs for sustainability
- To bring together the best scientists, academe, policy and decision makers, and other stakeholders to explore opportunities for greater collaborative and integrative research for the sustainability of marginal seas
- To encourage consolidation of transdisciplinary research teams to undertake collaboration on the identified research areas
- To identify outstanding /strategic transdisciplinary research on environmental, developmental and societal issues
- To initiate the implementation of interdisciplinary/transdisciplinary investigations for the benefit of society
DATEMarch 21, 2016
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
12-15 June 2021: Future Earth Asia community at SRI2021
Promoting the Science-Based Pathways to Sustainability in the Philippines
Future Earth Philippines Program launched in Manila