Call for participants: TERRA School 2022
The TERRA School (Transdisciplinarity for Early careeR Researchers in Asia School) is a short-term intensive course on transdisciplinary research (TD) hosted by the Research Institute for Humanity and Nature (RIHN) and Future Earth Japan. TERRA School provides an introduction to the principles, tools, methodologies and practice of transdisciplinary research.
This year we are creating spaces for ideation and seeds for project development and space for developing collaboration with diverse participants. Currently, various opportunities for fellowships, research collaborations and transdisciplinary project engagement are available for TERRA School alumni.
We are now looking for participants to the next offering of a virtual TERRA School during the period October 3 to 19th, 2022. This will be a great learning opportunity for early career researchers and their participation will also allow them to be part of the network of Future Earth and RIHN.
Eligible candidates are the following:
- Researchers who received PhD within the last 10 years or professionals whose sustainability related career started within the last 10 years
- Living and working in Asia (including Japan)
- Interested to develop or be engaged in transdisciplinary research projects
- Able to participate using the English language
- Able and available to participate in live online and asynchronous sessions (able to commit a total of 20-25 hours for the duration of the course)
Selection will take place in two stages. First, nominations must be submitted by the Future Earth Asia community. Nominated candidates are requested to send in an application form. The course is free but will have limited slots and not all the nominated candidates will be automatically accepted. Geographical, expertise and gender will be considered in the final selection of candidates.
1. Nominators from the Future Earth Asia community submit the Nomination Form. (Deadline: August 26, 2022)
In making nominations, please consider the following:
- Nominate one (at most 2) eligible candidates from within your project network
- Candidates who are seriously interested in developing transdisciplinary research projects and want to solve sustainability issues will be prioritized
- Relevance of the training program to the candidate’s current work and engagements
2. Nominated candidates should send their Application Forms no later than August 31, 2022, 6:00 p.m. Japan time. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
3. Successful applicants will be notified by mid-September 2022.
A briefer is also available.
DATEJuly 27, 2022
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Early-career Researchers in Asia Learn Transdisciplinarity
Call for participants: TERRA School 2021
Learning theory and practice of TD research virtually