The Regional Centre for Future Earth in Asia actively advocates for the Future Earth initiative, through networking with regional actors and providing a platform to enhance interactions among research and other communities in the region and between regional and global levels.
The Centre also offers a platform to connect the region with global Future Earth activities. It helps the Regional Committee for Asia to articulate the priorities for the region.
Governance and Organization
- Establishing and supporting the Regional Advisory Committee for Future Earth in Asia
- Facilitating establishment of the South Asia Regional Office
- Contact point for National Committees and structures
Research Agenda Development
- Organizing and participating in priority-setting workshops inlcuding a series of Future Earth in Asia Workshops
- Assisting development of a Japan Strategic Research Agenda for Future Earth
- Facilitating development of a Knowledge-Action Network on Systems of Sustainable Consumption and Production